Did I Say You Could Read This?
Wouldn't want you to leave on an empty mind...
Monday, February 20, 2006

Dell Computers = Assclowns 

So there's this guy in Europe named Paul Dell - and apparently he's a webdesigner and has owned www.dellwebsites.com since 2001. Dell Computers doesn't like this and is asking him for an absolutely insane amount of money in compensation.

Paul is standing up for his rights (as he did back in 2002 when Dell first harrassed him - they dropped it when they realized that he wasn't going to cave - but then changed their mind again in 2005), but the legal fees are more than he can afford. If I had a couple extra bucks (which sadly, I don't), I'd donate them here. People who donate can get one of his css web templates, or one of his photographs (he's also a photographer).

What makes me sad is that I'm typing this post on a Dell laptop that I really really like. I'm going to be in the market for another laptop in the very near future (want to upgrade myself to something that can handle Civ 4 without the hicups, give this one to my wife), and after hearing this my chances of buying one of Dell's gaming laptops are pretty low (and I've been damned happy with this laptop so far....). Guess it's Alienware for my laptop gaming needs.

More info (and useful links) here.

Hat tip to Boing Boing.

spouted incoherently at Monday, February 20, 2006 by Willis

|

Comments: Post a Comment
Listed on BlogShares