Did I Say You Could Read This?
Wouldn't want you to leave on an empty mind...
Monday, July 12, 2004

Microsoft "Critical Updates" 

Alright, so I got a free (not pirated, but a legitimately free) copy of Office 2003. I install it, and like any good Windows user, go looking for any critical updates that are needed to keep my computer secure. Here's what I find:

Critical Update for Windows (KB833407)
Download size: 309 KB, < 1 minute
This item updates the Bookshelf Symbol 7 font included in some Microsoft products. The font has been found to contain unacceptable symbols. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Read more...


Who knew that a broken font was in need of a "Critical Update"? Doesn't Microsoft have more pressing issues than a font with "unacceptable symbols"?

spouted incoherently at Monday, July 12, 2004 by Willis

|

Comments: Post a Comment
Listed on BlogShares