Did I Say You Could Read This?
Wouldn't want you to leave on an empty mind...
Saturday, April 17, 2004

Friday night ramblings 

Blah #1
Finally caught Showbiz Moms and Dads on Bravo today (it was on right after Twins). These people should be locked up. These poor kids will never understand what it's like to have a normal childhood...and most of these kids won't make it big, which makes the loss of their childhood that much worse. I wonder what kind of behavior can be attributed to kids who grew up in this kind of environment? It's obvious to me that most celebrities (especially the child variety - just look at Michael Jackson and Macaulay Culkin) are stunted in some way. I just hope that the kids on this show either make it real big, or they somehow magically turn out normal and well-adjusted.


Blah #2

Slow week at work....means small paycheck on Thursday. Everything considered, me and The Missus are doing a-okay. We'll be doing super-duper once I land a real job - and I have a feeling that it will happen soon.

Blah #3
The lasagne from The Lasagne Party was damn good. Not as good as my mamma's, but damn tasty (and better than whatever I would've made for myself).

Blah #4
As a long-time Seattle Mariner fan, I've known the pain of having a .200 team - but it's been so long I'd almost forgotten what it felt like - until today. There's too much talent on that team to be playing so poorly, and if I know Seattle sports fans (and I like to think I do, since I've been one since I was born) they won't deal with this too well. If this goes on much longer (even just another week or two) the fans will drop the team faster than you can say "Ichiro". This town demands winners (or at least contenders), and ignores teams that don't show a pulse (note the anemic Sonic ticket sales the past couple of seasons). Lord knows the city's put enough blood, sweat and tears into these teams (as well as lots and lots of tax-payer $$) - now we want a championship. Last one of those was in 1979 - I was a baby, Jimmy Carter was President, and Arnold Schwartzenegger was a body builder.

Blah #5
Goodnight.

spouted incoherently at Saturday, April 17, 2004 by Willis

|

Comments: Post a Comment
Listed on BlogShares