Did I Say You Could Read This?
Wouldn't want you to leave on an empty mind...
Friday, April 23, 2004

Cat's still at the vet, Interview and Job Update! 

Word from the vet today, The Missus' kitty was peeing on his own, but was struggling mightily to do so. They'll keep him tonight, but there would have to be a very compelling reason for me not to take him home tomorrow (with a case of his $1/can food - which is all he'll ever be able to eat for the rest of his life! Oh well. I know The Missus will be tickled pink to have him back. I know I'll be tickled pink to pay his multiple, hefty vet bills. Haven't gotten any sweet lovin's since the cat's been gone - The Missus has been so broken up about the whole situation. Hopefully bringing back the cat will bring back my pussy (if you'll please excuse my french).

Interview today went ok. I definitely didn't hit it out of the park (but that very well could've been the interviewer's fault - I think he might've been looking for something different....won't know for sure until next week). Afterwards I did get a great job lead from one of my poker buddies, who then bcc:ed me on her email to the person who's hiring. I owe her some sushi after reading the glowing things she wrote about me! Job #1 (which I interviewed for today) is a better fit for my long-term career aspirations, but would pay very little, and be horribly stressful - Job #2 would pay 3 or 4 times better than Job #1, be in the same general field (although not aimed as precisely towards my career goals), and is something I could definitely do.

Both jobs have crappy hours. I'm working in the evenings right now, and would love to have my evenings back again - Job #1 would be a billion hours a week - so assume that nights are shot - Job #2 would be a 1pm-10pm gig (most of the time), so my evening would be just about as shot as it is now. Not sure which way I'm going to go on this one. Depends what I hear next week from Job #1 I guess, or how quickly the people at Job #2 get in touch with me. Lord knows, with the vet bills coming in, Job #2 is starting to look very attractive right now. The Missus loves the prospect of me actually pulling in more than her for the first time in over a year....I kind of like the idea myself.

spouted incoherently at Friday, April 23, 2004 by Willis

|

Comments: Post a Comment
Listed on BlogShares