Did I Say You Could Read This?
Wouldn't want you to leave on an empty mind...
Friday, April 30, 2004

Always fun preparing for vacation... 

Finally figured out how to send a vacation auto-reply from my Comcast account! This will help me a bunch, especially considering that I have a few resumes out there right now, and I don't want them to think that I'm ignoring them if they try to get a hold of me.

Since we're going to Hawaii, I thought it might be a good time to evaluate my stock of Hawaiian shirts. Two of them need to be fixed (ripped off buttons - figure I'll just patch the torn cloth, and sew in some new buttons). I'll have that tourist look down pat! (I already have the pasty thing down!)

The Missus got her fake tan done today. Good times. Can't shower until tomorrow, and smells like walnuts for the time being. Not really looking forward to going to bed right now.....

We spend tonight at my parent's place so we can head right to the airport at 5:30 Saturday morning...and neither of us are packed! Good times tomorrow, between the errand running (need to go to a fabric store for buttons, and the vet for drugs), laundry (don't think there will be very much of this) and packing, we have a full day in front of us (the biggest question is, why am I still awake blogging with that sort of day in front of me?).

Random Thought #1 - Remember how I was peeved that RNC ads were being placed by google on my site? Looks like those have disappeared, and now more democratic ads are appearing. Those damn ads make me think about my content a little too much...

Random Thought #2 - Got an email from the $ job. They've forwarded my resume on to their national office, and are going to try to line up an interview for me with their national people when I get back from vacation. Good times. I hope this one works out. Lord knows, it's work I can believe in (getting Dubya out of office), and I could definitely use the money right about now...

Random Thought #3 - I really need a digital camera. I think I'll save my pennies for a Nikon D70 (probably about 100000 pennies, and another 8800 pennies for tax...). Right now for the vacation I'm debating whether or not to bring my Nikon N65. I'm just tired of film, and with the Belkin Media Reader I could use the 8 free gigs I have on my iPod to store all the images (with a 6 megapixel camera, it's really easy to fill up all your memory sticks/flash/etc - not so easy when you have a half-empty iPod at your disposal!).

spouted incoherently at Friday, April 30, 2004 by Willis

|

Comments: Post a Comment
Listed on BlogShares